Riverside Health Complex Turtleford
24 Hour Emergency Services:
Servicing Patients from Turtleford, the lake communities, Thunderchild, Edam, St. Walburg, Paradise Hill, Glaslyn up to Medstead, Meota, Vawn and Maidstone in recent months.
2 OutPatient Rooms:
- 24 hour Lab and XRay Services
- 8 Acute Care Beds
- Acute Beds - Admissions to rural acute care beds are intended for patients with a confirmed diagnosis. Patients receive acute care treatment and close observation by onsite
physician and registered nurse support.
- 2 Over Flow Beds
Lab and XRay Services
Acute Care Beds
Palliative Family Room
20 Long Term Care (LTC) Beds and 2 Respite Beds
- Eden Approach to Resident care.
- Admission into LTC is determined by the "Single Entry Point" Committee, which is a priority based system according to client risk.
- Admission into Respite is also determined by the "Single Entry Point" Committee, based on need and bed availability.
Long Term Care Room
Home Care Services
- Health care support allowing clients to live more independently at home.
- Service area includes: Turtleford, Spruce Lake, Lake Communities, Livelong, Mervin and north of the river.
- Wellness clinics on a monthly basis held in 4 communities: Turtleford, Spruce Lake, Mervin, Livelong.
- Visiting Professionals include:
- Addictions Counsellor
- Community Counsellor
- Podiatry Services
- Chronic Disease Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Public Health - providing support to neighbouring communities
- Physical Therapies
- Thunderchild / Turtleford Interagency Group
- PARTY program (Prevent Alcohol & RiskRelated Trauma in Youth)
- DARE program (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)
- Pastoral Care
- Student Volunteer Program
- Health and safety fairs at community schools cosponsored by our OH&S committee.
- Mom's support group meets bi weekly.
- Student Nurse Practicums:
- Lakeland College LPN program To date we have had 8 students placements with 3 more scheduled for spring and fall. Our staff provide an excellent preceptor service.
- We support RN student placements.